- CAT5 DVI/USB/Audio Extender, said "Over IP"
- Extension distance up to 100m / 330ft over a single CAT5 or CAT6 UTP cable
- Can connect via a Gigabit Ethernet switch between transmitter and receiver
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse, and other USB 2.0 devices (RS232, USB audio, USB key, etc.)
- More USB devices are possible by using an external USB hub
- Digital video resolution support up to 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- DVI pass-through Port on transmitter
- Selection for Graphic mode/Video mode
- Easy installation
Purpose: This DVI/USB/Audio extender will allow you to locate your computer or server physically 100m far away from the user due to either security or spatial concerns. It can be used in various environments such as exhibition rooms, working floors, security rooms, locked server rooms, command and control centers, etc.
Mode of Operation: DX100 actually comprises two small different units, a transmitter connected to the computer (DX100-TX) and a remote receiver (DX100-RX) to which are plugged the monitor and the USB devices. When they are connected with a single Cat5 or Cat6 cable, these two units establish a 1000Base-T connection and communicate with TCP/IP to transfer compressed digital video and USB over IP to each other. This mode of transmission based on Gigabit Ethernet and TCP/IP has the advantage of using well-know robust technologies that function well over a simple CAT5 cable as well as across Gigabit Ethernet switches.
The receiver DX100-RX combines all the USB devices into a single link with an internal USB hub. It also provides an analog audio input/output port. This analog audio is converted to USB into the receiver and connected to the internal USB hub like all other USB devices. At the opposite site this audio/mic port is seen by the computer like a standard USB headset.
The transmitter DX100-TX captures the DVI video and sends it to the receiver. Regarding the USB, it shows to the PC a hub and the devices connected to the receiver. The transmitter provides a DVI passthrough port mirroring the video received from the PC. Thanks to this passthrough port you can use a local monitor in normal conditions.
Delivery: DX100 includes the DX100-RX (receiver), the DX100-TX (transmitter), the power adapters, one DVI-D cable, one USB A to B cable, and two wall mount kits.
Warranty and Technical Support: These equipments come with one year warranty and free technical support.
|Connection Length||100m (330 ft) max|
|Connection Type||1000Base-T (802.3ab) + TCP/IP protocol (do not allow Internet connections)|
|Video||DVI maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)|
4 x USB connectors, fully transparent
Stereo CD quality
|Cable for Best Results||Cat5 and Cat6.|
|Video Settings||Two options: Graphic (better for static images) or Video (better for movies)|
- 2.1mm Power Jack
- DVI-D female from PC
- USB Type B from PC
- DVI-D female to local monitor
- RJ45 for connection to receiver
- 2.1mm Power Jack
- Monitor: DVI-D female
- 4 x USB Type A for devices (mouse, keybord, RS232, USB key, etc)
- Audio/Mic.: 2 x 3.5mm sockets
- RJ45 for connection to transmitter
External DC 9V 1A
0 to 40°C
-20 to 60°C
0 to 90%, non-condensing
Dimensions (L x W x H)
152 x 135 x 26 mm
Safety / EMI Certification
In case of problem contact:
telephone: +33 1 45 90 62 70